Christmas is coming up so quickly, and I can hardly believe that it is only nine days away! In honor of this countdown, I thought it would be fun to share nine things that I love about this time of the year…
- The lights– Christmas lights make me so happy! My family often dedicates a night to view lights around town a few days before Christmas.
- Egg nog (non alcoholic)– I have an obsession with this seasonal beverage.
- Shopping– As stressful as it may be at times, I really enjoy Christmas shopping and finding special gifts to give my friends/family.
- Music– I may sound crazy, but I usually start listening to Christmas music November 1st because I love it so much!
- Cookies– I always look forward to eating that sweet batch of Christmas cookies.
- Family– I really love it when family and friends gather to celebrate.
- Christmas Dinner– Those of you who have been following my blog for awhile probably know that I absolutely love food, and Christmas dinner is the best!
- Wrapping gifts– It is so fun to wrap gifts and place them under the tree.
- Movies– There is no better way to get in the Christmas mood than to snuggle up in a nice, fuzzy blanket and watch holiday movies!
Do you like any of these things too? Did I miss anything?
Thanks for reading, and have a great week! 🙂
I hope that all of my followers, visitors, family, and friends had a wonderful Christmas weekend! It was so wonderful to host our Christmas Eve dinner this year, and I had a great time eating too much food….and cookies…. and pie…. but lets not talk about my diet on the holidays… ANYWAYS! I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful last seven days of 2017! 🙂
I have been on this earth for 15 years, and life has been such an outstanding journey! It is awesome to look back at all of the things that I have learned and how far I have come throughout my life… I can’t even begin to say how incredibly grateful I am to have such supportive friends, family, and followers that keep me on my feet each and everyday. You ALL make my life so wonderful and it is such a pleasure to share my journey with all of you here, on Maysa Rose. As I make a wish and blow out the candles of an extremely special birthday cake, I realize… I am going to see Phantom of the Opera!!!!!
Today, I decided to have a little fun and post my absolute favorite Christmas recipe… I hope that you try it and taste the magic of the season! These Magic Cookie Bars are packed with flavor and are heaven to the taste. 🙂 Enjoy and let me know how they turned out! Happy Holidays!
Magic Cookie Bars
Melt 1 stick of butter in a 9×13 pan
Pat 1 and 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs into the butter on the pan
Pour one 14 oz. can of condensed milk evenly over the crumbs
Sprinkle 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
Sprinkle 1 cup of Butterscotch chips
Evenly spread 1 and 1/3 cup of Bakers Coconut
Add 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
Heat the oven to 350’F. and bake for 25 minutes.
Let cool COMPLETELY before serving.