Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
In my last post, I told you to stick around for a special treat, and I meant that literally. Although I am definitely not a baker, I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes, so I hope that this post inspires you to give it a try! Have you tried these cookies before? Would you like to see another recipe? Tell me your thoughts in the comments, and I hope that you enjoy!
- 1 Cup- firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup- softened butter
- 1/2 Cup- peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon- vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 Cups- all purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon- baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon- baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon- salt
- Hershey kisses
Heat oven to 375′ F.
Combine brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter in a bowl. Beat on medium speed until well mixed. Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat at low speed until well mixed.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place milk-chocolate Hershey kisses on each cookie while warm. Allow them to cool, and enjoy!
(I do not own the rights to this recipe)
It is so easy to look around at all of the things that we wish we had and all of the things that we wish we could do… Honestly, we spend so much time focusing on what we want that we often loose sight of everything we have. This is the time of year to be grateful for the little things in life, pray for those who are struggling, and give thanks for all of our blessings. I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving 2019!
Christmas is coming up so quickly, and I can hardly believe that it is only nine days away! In honor of this countdown, I thought it would be fun to share nine things that I love about this time of the year…
- The lights– Christmas lights make me so happy! My family often dedicates a night to view lights around town a few days before Christmas.
- Egg nog (non alcoholic)– I have an obsession with this seasonal beverage.
- Shopping– As stressful as it may be at times, I really enjoy Christmas shopping and finding special gifts to give my friends/family.
- Music– I may sound crazy, but I usually start listening to Christmas music November 1st because I love it so much!
- Cookies– I always look forward to eating that sweet batch of Christmas cookies.
- Family– I really love it when family and friends gather to celebrate.
- Christmas Dinner– Those of you who have been following my blog for awhile probably know that I absolutely love food, and Christmas dinner is the best!
- Wrapping gifts– It is so fun to wrap gifts and place them under the tree.
- Movies– There is no better way to get in the Christmas mood than to snuggle up in a nice, fuzzy blanket and watch holiday movies!
Do you like any of these things too? Did I miss anything?
Thanks for reading, and have a great week! 🙂
I hope that all of my followers, visitors, family, and friends had a wonderful Christmas weekend! It was so wonderful to host our Christmas Eve dinner this year, and I had a great time eating too much food….and cookies…. and pie…. but lets not talk about my diet on the holidays… ANYWAYS! I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful last seven days of 2017! 🙂
I have been on this earth for 15 years, and life has been such an outstanding journey! It is awesome to look back at all of the things that I have learned and how far I have come throughout my life… I can’t even begin to say how incredibly grateful I am to have such supportive friends, family, and followers that keep me on my feet each and everyday. You ALL make my life so wonderful and it is such a pleasure to share my journey with all of you here, on Maysa Rose. As I make a wish and blow out the candles of an extremely special birthday cake, I realize… I am going to see Phantom of the Opera!!!!!
Today, I decided to have a little fun and post my absolute favorite Christmas recipe… I hope that you try it and taste the magic of the season! These Magic Cookie Bars are packed with flavor and are heaven to the taste. 🙂 Enjoy and let me know how they turned out! Happy Holidays!
Magic Cookie Bars
Melt 1 stick of butter in a 9×13 pan
Pat 1 and 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs into the butter on the pan
Pour one 14 oz. can of condensed milk evenly over the crumbs
Sprinkle 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
Sprinkle 1 cup of Butterscotch chips
Evenly spread 1 and 1/3 cup of Bakers Coconut
Add 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
Heat the oven to 350’F. and bake for 25 minutes.
Let cool COMPLETELY before serving.