Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
In my last post, I told you to stick around for a special treat, and I meant that literally. Although I am definitely not a baker, I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes, so I hope that this post inspires you to give it a try! Have you tried these cookies before? Would you like to see another recipe? Tell me your thoughts in the comments, and I hope that you enjoy!
- 1 Cup- firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup- softened butter
- 1/2 Cup- peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon- vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 Cups- all purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon- baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon- baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon- salt
- Hershey kisses
Heat oven to 375′ F.
Combine brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter in a bowl. Beat on medium speed until well mixed. Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat at low speed until well mixed.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place milk-chocolate Hershey kisses on each cookie while warm. Allow them to cool, and enjoy!
(I do not own the rights to this recipe)
Lights decorate rooftops and illuminate the streets to transform an ordinary town into a magical wonderland. Children add the finishing touches to their snowmen, and roads become busy with travelers who eagerly head home for the holidays. Loved ones gather around the fireplace as warm cookies are munched, and special memories are made in the heart of December.
I cannot believe that Christmas is only eight days away, and 2020 is right around the corner. This year really flew by, and I am shocked that this month is already halfway over. That being said, I hope you enjoy this month’s playlist, and happy holidays from my family to yours!
- A New York Christmas by Rob Thomas
- Carol of the Bells by John Williams
- This Christmas by Donny Hathaway
- It Must Be Christmas by Chris Young
- White Christmas by The Drifters
- Linus And Lucy by Vince Guaraldi Trio
- Candy Cane Lane by Sia
- Let It Be Christmas by Alan Jackson
What is your favorite Christmas song? Do you have any exciting plans coming up? What do you love about this time of year? Thanks for reading, and be sure to not miss my next post for a special treat.
Christmas is coming up so quickly, and I can hardly believe that it is only nine days away! In honor of this countdown, I thought it would be fun to share nine things that I love about this time of the year…
- The lights– Christmas lights make me so happy! My family often dedicates a night to view lights around town a few days before Christmas.
- Egg nog (non alcoholic)– I have an obsession with this seasonal beverage.
- Shopping– As stressful as it may be at times, I really enjoy Christmas shopping and finding special gifts to give my friends/family.
- Music– I may sound crazy, but I usually start listening to Christmas music November 1st because I love it so much!
- Cookies– I always look forward to eating that sweet batch of Christmas cookies.
- Family– I really love it when family and friends gather to celebrate.
- Christmas Dinner– Those of you who have been following my blog for awhile probably know that I absolutely love food, and Christmas dinner is the best!
- Wrapping gifts– It is so fun to wrap gifts and place them under the tree.
- Movies– There is no better way to get in the Christmas mood than to snuggle up in a nice, fuzzy blanket and watch holiday movies!
Do you like any of these things too? Did I miss anything?
Thanks for reading, and have a great week! 🙂
I hope that all of my followers, visitors, family, and friends had a wonderful Christmas weekend! It was so wonderful to host our Christmas Eve dinner this year, and I had a great time eating too much food….and cookies…. and pie…. but lets not talk about my diet on the holidays… ANYWAYS! I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful last seven days of 2017! 🙂