Lights decorate rooftops and illuminate the streets to transform an ordinary town into a magical wonderland. Children add the finishing touches to their snowmen, and roads become busy with travelers who eagerly head home for the holidays. Loved ones gather around the fireplace as warm cookies are munched, and special memories are made in the heart of December.
I cannot believe that Christmas is only eight days away, and 2020 is right around the corner. This year really flew by, and I am shocked that this month is already halfway over. That being said, I hope you enjoy this month’s playlist, and happy holidays from my family to yours!
- A New York Christmas by Rob Thomas
- Carol of the Bells by John Williams
- This Christmas by Donny Hathaway
- It Must Be Christmas by Chris Young
- White Christmas by The Drifters
- Linus And Lucy by Vince Guaraldi Trio
- Candy Cane Lane by Sia
- Let It Be Christmas by Alan Jackson
What is your favorite Christmas song? Do you have any exciting plans coming up? What do you love about this time of year? Thanks for reading, and be sure to not miss my next post for a special treat.
Christmas is coming up so quickly, and I can hardly believe that it is only nine days away! In honor of this countdown, I thought it would be fun to share nine things that I love about this time of the year…
- The lights– Christmas lights make me so happy! My family often dedicates a night to view lights around town a few days before Christmas.
- Egg nog (non alcoholic)– I have an obsession with this seasonal beverage.
- Shopping– As stressful as it may be at times, I really enjoy Christmas shopping and finding special gifts to give my friends/family.
- Music– I may sound crazy, but I usually start listening to Christmas music November 1st because I love it so much!
- Cookies– I always look forward to eating that sweet batch of Christmas cookies.
- Family– I really love it when family and friends gather to celebrate.
- Christmas Dinner– Those of you who have been following my blog for awhile probably know that I absolutely love food, and Christmas dinner is the best!
- Wrapping gifts– It is so fun to wrap gifts and place them under the tree.
- Movies– There is no better way to get in the Christmas mood than to snuggle up in a nice, fuzzy blanket and watch holiday movies!
Do you like any of these things too? Did I miss anything?
Thanks for reading, and have a great week! 🙂
In exactly one week, my family will begin the journey through 13 states in 20 days. We are going to explore some of the major national parks and landmarks across the USA including: Mount Rushmore, Cadillac Ranch, Garden of the Gods, Yellowstone, Royal Gorge, and the Badlands. It is going to be such an incredible experience that I am so thankful to have… I am so blessed to be able to spend this summer with my family and make memories that will last a lifetime. I will be sure to keep you all “posted” while I am on this adventure, and I will take lots of photos to share. I hope that you join me!
*Photo Credits: Richard Jean-Louis
One heck of a lot of work. Two dead pairs of pointe shoes. Three full show run throughs… These last three days have taken a lot of effort to plow through, and we are mentally preparing ourselves to be back in the theater Friday night.
This has been our week so far:
One hour we are drowning in the lake of countless other swans, and the next, we are royally waltzing across the courtroom to greet Princess Aurora. Then, we face an immediate tempo change to rehearse our guest choreographed modern pieces. Every now and then, we are given spare time in an open studio to practice understudied roles or to go over choreography that occasionally slips the brain.
*We have one day left in the studio… Am I the only one who finds that insane?
Wow, I apologize for my lack of activity on WordPress this past week! Unfortunately, I haven’t had the opportunity to read your posts or write my own lately. Not only that, I had to read and write so much for school that I temporarily lost all
motivation inspiration to blog; however, I am back now! I should be able to “balance” my schedule a little better after working a full weekend, and I hope to be super active next week to keep you all updated on the pre – performance posts (as usual). I have no doubt that I will have a lot to say and rant about as the weekend looms closer. I hope that you all are doing well. Happy Saturday! 🙂
*Also, good luck to all of my friends competing this weekend! After all of the hard work, I have no doubt that you are going to shine under those lights. I am super excited to hear the results, and I will keep you in my prayers.
It is absolutely crazy to look at the calendar and be able to say,
Swan lake will be onstage exactly two weeks from today…
Time has managed to escape so quickly, and we are racing the clock to finish all of our choreography before our upcoming performances. With all of the snow and ice taking away precious days of work, we have officially reached crunch time. It is going to be a chaotic next two weeks…
I hope that all of my followers, visitors, family, and friends had a wonderful Christmas weekend! It was so wonderful to host our Christmas Eve dinner this year, and I had a great time eating too much food….and cookies…. and pie…. but lets not talk about my diet on the holidays… ANYWAYS! I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful last seven days of 2017! 🙂