It is almost day 3 of the new year, and I am already feeling overwhelmed as I anticipate the chaos that is about to begin. That’s why, I decided to make a fun post to distract myself from the reality of holiday break coming to a close… I decided to do a mashup of two of my favorite types of posts during this time of year: resolution and playlist.
Resolutions & Goals For 2019
- Eat healthier: Let me clarify that I am a healthy eater, but I could definitely make an effort to do better (like cutting down on the holiday sweets for a start!)
- Improve and strengthen relationships with friends and family
- Don’t procrastinate: I feel like this one is on my list every year, but I will work on it…
- Begin writing a novel
- Watch the last two Harry Potter movies to complete the series
- Post frequently throughout the year
- Accomplish everything on these lists
Discover New Songs For The New Year!
I have been absolutely loving all of these songs lately, so I put this small playlist together just for you guys. I love finding new songs, so feel free to drop a few suggestions in the comments. Do you like any of the songs that I shared? Enjoy!
Bad Liar by Imagine Dragons
Human by Rag’n’Bone Man
Cup Of Tea by Kacey Musgraves
Beautiful Goodbye by Maroon 5
Use Somebody by Kings of Leon
At My Best by Machine Gun Kelly (feat. Hailee Steinfeld)
You’re Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins
Beggin For Thread by Banks
Christmas is coming up so quickly, and I can hardly believe that it is only nine days away! In honor of this countdown, I thought it would be fun to share nine things that I love about this time of the year…
- The lights– Christmas lights make me so happy! My family often dedicates a night to view lights around town a few days before Christmas.
- Egg nog (non alcoholic)– I have an obsession with this seasonal beverage.
- Shopping– As stressful as it may be at times, I really enjoy Christmas shopping and finding special gifts to give my friends/family.
- Music– I may sound crazy, but I usually start listening to Christmas music November 1st because I love it so much!
- Cookies– I always look forward to eating that sweet batch of Christmas cookies.
- Family– I really love it when family and friends gather to celebrate.
- Christmas Dinner– Those of you who have been following my blog for awhile probably know that I absolutely love food, and Christmas dinner is the best!
- Wrapping gifts– It is so fun to wrap gifts and place them under the tree.
- Movies– There is no better way to get in the Christmas mood than to snuggle up in a nice, fuzzy blanket and watch holiday movies!
Do you like any of these things too? Did I miss anything?
Thanks for reading, and have a great week! 🙂
A few days ago, the casting for this year’s production of The Nutcracker was released. My friends and I had been discussing the possibilities for weeks now, and we had all been anxiously waiting to find out if our predictions were accurate.. I have been cast as a maid, the snow queen, and marzipan. I had never imagined that I would have been selected for these roles, and I am incredibly thankful.
The enchanted forest of snow has always been one of my favorite scenes out of the entire ballet, and I am absolutely honored to have been cast as the queen. I had always hoped that I would perform marzipan someday, but I never expected it to be so soon…
My very first rehearsal is Tuesday. Wish me luck! 🙂
Do you know those songs that have such an irresistible summer vibe and always leave you craving a stroll on the beach with a glass of sweet lemonade? This playlist has definitely been on repeat during these summer months, and I am very happy to share a few of my favorites with all of you. Enjoy!
The Way You Do The Things You Do by UB40
Where The Boat Leaves From by Zac Brown Band
Surfin’ USA by The Beach Boys
One Love by Bob Marley
Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
Did you like this post? What songs do YOU enjoy listening to during this time of the year?
“A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.”
(I loved this quote, despite my short stature.)
I am so thankful to have such a fantastic father… You have taught me so much and have made me the person I am today. It has been an incredible 16 years, and I am looking forward to all of the wonderful more to come. I love you so much, and I am proud to call you my dad. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!
Yellowstone is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my entire life… Neither pictures nor words can describe how spectacular it is, and it is something that you must witness yourself to truly grasp the wonders of Wyoming. I was able to gain a better understanding of how powerful the forces of nature are and how insignificant I am when compared to the ‘big picture’. GOD has created such diverse, beautiful world, and I am so thankful to have gotten a better glimpse of it. I will never forget that special place where stars lit up the sky… snow capped mountains smiled in the distance… crystal clear lakes shimmered… wild buffalo grazed in the distance… and moose, elk, deer, bear, and mountain goats all welcomed us with warm hearts. I was very sad to depart, and I am already missing the magical state of Wyoming.
Despite the wet, windy weather that took over Nashville, we still had a great day exploring Music City. We visited the Ryman Auditorium (“the mother church of country music” since 1892), line danced, and experienced lots of live music. I am so lucky to have seen Preston James perform that night… He made Blake Shelton’s team on Season 11 of my favorite singing competition, The Voice! He is so amazing, and I am so fortunate to have seen this 17 year old star perform right in front of me.