It is almost day 3 of the new year, and I am already feeling overwhelmed as I anticipate the chaos that is about to begin. That’s why, I decided to make a fun post to distract myself from the reality of holiday break coming to a close… I decided to do a mashup of two of my favorite types of posts during this time of year: resolution and playlist.
Resolutions & Goals For 2019
- Eat healthier: Let me clarify that I am a healthy eater, but I could definitely make an effort to do better (like cutting down on the holiday sweets for a start!)
- Improve and strengthen relationships with friends and family
- Don’t procrastinate: I feel like this one is on my list every year, but I will work on it…
- Begin writing a novel
- Watch the last two Harry Potter movies to complete the series
- Post frequently throughout the year
- Accomplish everything on these lists
Discover New Songs For The New Year!
I have been absolutely loving all of these songs lately, so I put this small playlist together just for you guys. I love finding new songs, so feel free to drop a few suggestions in the comments. Do you like any of the songs that I shared? Enjoy!
Bad Liar by Imagine Dragons
Human by Rag’n’Bone Man
Cup Of Tea by Kacey Musgraves
Beautiful Goodbye by Maroon 5
Use Somebody by Kings of Leon
At My Best by Machine Gun Kelly (feat. Hailee Steinfeld)
You’re Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins
Beggin For Thread by Banks
“Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.”
2018 is packed with so many great memories that I will never forget, and I feel like the experiences have really helped me grow as an individual. I am so grateful for all of the people who impacted me, both negatively and positively, throughout this past year because I learned a lot from each of them. Aside from personal life, this blog of mine has grown so much, and views have topped 6,000 for the year! I am so incredibly thankful for each and every one of you readers. Your comments/likes mean so much to me, and I greatly appreciate the tremendous amount of support and inspiration that you have continuously given me. I also really enjoyed discovering new blogs and meeting so many talented writers in the past year. I truly cannot thank everyone enough! I hope 2019 brings even more wonderful memories.
Happy New Year to you all!
“And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David, a Saviour, which is Christ the LORD.”
Happy Holidays to all of my dear readers!
SURPRISE! After a few attempts, my friends and I finally (somewhat) built a human Christmas tree in the second picture. The peak of the tree is clearly missing, but I am honestly just happy that none of us got hurt.
Hopefully you are able to spend the day with loved ones and reunite with distant friends and family, but no matter how you choose to celebrate, I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
I am so blessed and honored to know this incredibly talented group of friends that I performed with this morning… We thought the residents at the local senior living facility would appreciate a small Christmas show filled with live music and dances before the big day! I am so impressed with each and every one of these amazing artists, and it is truly a privilege to share that stage with them. I really hope to do this again sometime because it is so rewarding to give back to the community (especially during the holidays). Great job everyone, and thank you so much!
Christmas is coming up so quickly, and I can hardly believe that it is only nine days away! In honor of this countdown, I thought it would be fun to share nine things that I love about this time of the year…
- The lights– Christmas lights make me so happy! My family often dedicates a night to view lights around town a few days before Christmas.
- Egg nog (non alcoholic)– I have an obsession with this seasonal beverage.
- Shopping– As stressful as it may be at times, I really enjoy Christmas shopping and finding special gifts to give my friends/family.
- Music– I may sound crazy, but I usually start listening to Christmas music November 1st because I love it so much!
- Cookies– I always look forward to eating that sweet batch of Christmas cookies.
- Family– I really love it when family and friends gather to celebrate.
- Christmas Dinner– Those of you who have been following my blog for awhile probably know that I absolutely love food, and Christmas dinner is the best!
- Wrapping gifts– It is so fun to wrap gifts and place them under the tree.
- Movies– There is no better way to get in the Christmas mood than to snuggle up in a nice, fuzzy blanket and watch holiday movies!
Do you like any of these things too? Did I miss anything?
Thanks for reading, and have a great week! 🙂
Last night was even more magical than I imagined as I finally got to perform the role that I had admired ever since I was a very young ballerina! I couldn’t have asked for the snow pas de deux to have gone any better for the shows, and I am so incredibly thankful for my snow king who supported me through it all. Despite the 14 hour-long day that was spent in the theater, this production generated so much positive energy within me, and I really wish that I could rewind the clock to do it again. Even after I came offstage, I could not stop smiling as the sound of applause filled my heart with so much happiness. However, the curtain has officially closed for the Nutcracker, but we will be back in the theater in a month for our production of Alice in Wonderland. I heard that casting will be announced within the next week, so be sure to keep an eye out for it! 🙂
I hope that you all had a fantastic weekend!
I had such a great time ice-skating today with my bestie! It is such an accomplishment to be able to say that neither of us fell, but I have to admit that I came pretty close a few times. This afternoon allowed me to release some of the stress that has been overwhelming me and just have fun before finals week. In just a few days, this semester will be over, and the college will be closed until after the new year.
We just have to get through this long week of exams first… Here we go!