It is almost day 3 of the new year, and I am already feeling overwhelmed as I anticipate the chaos that is about to begin. That’s why, I decided to make a fun post to distract myself from the reality of holiday break coming to a close… I decided to do a mashup of two of my favorite types of posts during this time of year: resolution and playlist.
Resolutions & Goals For 2019
- Eat healthier: Let me clarify that I am a healthy eater, but I could definitely make an effort to do better (like cutting down on the holiday sweets for a start!)
- Improve and strengthen relationships with friends and family
- Don’t procrastinate: I feel like this one is on my list every year, but I will work on it…
- Begin writing a novel
- Watch the last two Harry Potter movies to complete the series
- Post frequently throughout the year
- Accomplish everything on these lists
Discover New Songs For The New Year!
I have been absolutely loving all of these songs lately, so I put this small playlist together just for you guys. I love finding new songs, so feel free to drop a few suggestions in the comments. Do you like any of the songs that I shared? Enjoy!
Bad Liar by Imagine Dragons
Human by Rag’n’Bone Man
Cup Of Tea by Kacey Musgraves
Beautiful Goodbye by Maroon 5
Use Somebody by Kings of Leon
At My Best by Machine Gun Kelly (feat. Hailee Steinfeld)
You’re Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins
Beggin For Thread by Banks
“And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David, a Saviour, which is Christ the LORD.”
Happy Holidays to all of my dear readers!
SURPRISE! After a few attempts, my friends and I finally (somewhat) built a human Christmas tree in the second picture. The peak of the tree is clearly missing, but I am honestly just happy that none of us got hurt.
Hopefully you are able to spend the day with loved ones and reunite with distant friends and family, but no matter how you choose to celebrate, I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
I am so blessed and honored to know this incredibly talented group of friends that I performed with this morning… We thought the residents at the local senior living facility would appreciate a small Christmas show filled with live music and dances before the big day! I am so impressed with each and every one of these amazing artists, and it is truly a privilege to share that stage with them. I really hope to do this again sometime because it is so rewarding to give back to the community (especially during the holidays). Great job everyone, and thank you so much!
Christmas is coming up so quickly, and I can hardly believe that it is only nine days away! In honor of this countdown, I thought it would be fun to share nine things that I love about this time of the year…
- The lights– Christmas lights make me so happy! My family often dedicates a night to view lights around town a few days before Christmas.
- Egg nog (non alcoholic)– I have an obsession with this seasonal beverage.
- Shopping– As stressful as it may be at times, I really enjoy Christmas shopping and finding special gifts to give my friends/family.
- Music– I may sound crazy, but I usually start listening to Christmas music November 1st because I love it so much!
- Cookies– I always look forward to eating that sweet batch of Christmas cookies.
- Family– I really love it when family and friends gather to celebrate.
- Christmas Dinner– Those of you who have been following my blog for awhile probably know that I absolutely love food, and Christmas dinner is the best!
- Wrapping gifts– It is so fun to wrap gifts and place them under the tree.
- Movies– There is no better way to get in the Christmas mood than to snuggle up in a nice, fuzzy blanket and watch holiday movies!
Do you like any of these things too? Did I miss anything?
Thanks for reading, and have a great week! 🙂
“And I’m fallin’… fallin’ for you hard. Let’s slow down; this is just the start. When you hold me, I can’t sing the blues. Like velvet on my fingertips, you sure are smooth”
Lyrics: Velvet by Sofia Caterina
Hey everyone! My friend just released her very own song a few months ago. Believe it or not, Velvet has already received over 30k streams on Spotify and topped 17k views on her YouTube audio track. It would be great if you guys could help promote this rising star by re-blogging this post, sharing it with your friends, and posting it on your personal sites. It would be very appreciated if the WordPress community could help get her more publicity… Be sure to give this song a listen!
Memories flood back from Homecoming 2017 when the five of us made our grand entrance to the school in a minivan with string lights and loud music. We danced until we lost our shoes, laughed until our stomachs hurt, consumed more sweets than we should have, and fell in love with the NYC themed courtyard…
After the dance ended, we were escorted back to my friend’s house where we all enjoyed a bonfire and stayed up until 5:00 AM. That night was definitely one to remember, and memories continue to race through my mind as this year’s annual event comes to an official close. I watch as decorations are taken down from the high school, and I flashback to last year… Homecoming 2017
Do you know those songs that have such an irresistible summer vibe and always leave you craving a stroll on the beach with a glass of sweet lemonade? This playlist has definitely been on repeat during these summer months, and I am very happy to share a few of my favorites with all of you. Enjoy!
The Way You Do The Things You Do by UB40
Where The Boat Leaves From by Zac Brown Band
Surfin’ USA by The Beach Boys
One Love by Bob Marley
Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
Did you like this post? What songs do YOU enjoy listening to during this time of the year?