It is January, and I am very excited to share my first playlist of 2020! For those of you who are new to the blog, I post a collection of songs every month featuring a wide variety of genres, so I hope you find something that you like. Thanks for listening, and please don’t hesitate to drop your own favorite songs in the comments section. Your thoughts are always welcome, and I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!
- Scales by Owel
- 1000 Nights by Frenship
- It’s Not My Time by 3 Doors Down
- No Vacancy by Rainbow Kitten Surprise
- Army of One by Coldplay
- Woman by Mumford & Sons
- Birds by Imagine Dragons
- Argue by Matchbox Twenty
Lights decorate rooftops and illuminate the streets to transform an ordinary town into a magical wonderland. Children add the finishing touches to their snowmen, and roads become busy with travelers who eagerly head home for the holidays. Loved ones gather around the fireplace as warm cookies are munched, and special memories are made in the heart of December.
I cannot believe that Christmas is only eight days away, and 2020 is right around the corner. This year really flew by, and I am shocked that this month is already halfway over. That being said, I hope you enjoy this month’s playlist, and happy holidays from my family to yours!
- A New York Christmas by Rob Thomas
- Carol of the Bells by John Williams
- This Christmas by Donny Hathaway
- It Must Be Christmas by Chris Young
- White Christmas by The Drifters
- Linus And Lucy by Vince Guaraldi Trio
- Candy Cane Lane by Sia
- Let It Be Christmas by Alan Jackson
What is your favorite Christmas song? Do you have any exciting plans coming up? What do you love about this time of year? Thanks for reading, and be sure to not miss my next post for a special treat.
Okay, I think I have finally finished this month’s playlist… This is the last one of the year before December’s holiday mix, so I hope you enjoy these songs as much as I do! As always, feel free to share any song suggestions that you have for me in the comments section, and thanks for reading.
- Remind You by Frenship
- Life After You by Daughtry
- Looking for Some Light by Colony House
- Horses by Keith Urban
- The Road I’m On by 3 Doors Down
- Rose Of Sharon by Mumford & Sons
- Not There for You by Zac Crook
Which one was your favorite? Have you heard any of these before? What have you been listening to lately? Have you already started listening to Christmas music?
do you hear that?
the echo of the trees
conversing among each other
dispersing messages in the breeze…
do you see that?
the array of golden leaves
painting the earth’s canvas
letting beauty run free…
I was walking to class the other day, but I had to stop to take a picture of this beautiful moment. It also inspired me to write a poem, so I thought I would share it with all of you.
Also, I am loving this song.
I am in the process of putting together this month’s playlist, so be on the lookout for that as well. I hope you all have a great rest of the week, and thanks for reading!
Do you have any plans for Thanksgiving? What are your thoughts on this post? Did you like the song? Has anything inspired you recently?
crisp. pumpkin. memories.
leaves. comforting. thoughts.
drifting. shadows. settle.
colorful. acoustic. nights.
I just wrote down some “simple thoughts” that come to mind when I think of autumn… It might just look like a jumble of words to some, but I honestly like how it turned out.
Also, it is a new month which means it is time for a new playlist. Most of these songs have pretty chill vibes, but I still kept the genre variety. I hope you enjoy!
- Salt And The Sea by The Lumineers
- Circles by Post Malone
- Right Here by Staind
- In the Blood by John Mayer
- Tompkins Square Park by Mumford & Sons
- In Your Arms by Illenium & X Ambassadors
- Front Porch by Joy Williams
What is on your playlist this month? Did you find anything that you liked? What comes to mind when you think of autumn? Feel free to share in the comments, and thanks for reading!!
For those of you who missed it, I am going to start releasing an updated playlist every month, so be sure to check back frequently to hear some new music! These posts will highlight my top favorite songs in wide range of genres, so I really hope that you find something that you like. Please don’t hesitate to share your own suggestions in the comments section because I love discovering music as well. I hope that you enjoy this month’s mix!
- Be Like That by 3 Doors Down
- Poplar by Michigander
- One Man Band by Old Dominion
- Will You Think of Me Later? by Edwin Raphael
- Alligator by Of Monsters and Men
- Flares by The Script
- White Flag by Daughtry
- Say We’ll Make It by Vacation Manor
- Fools by ufo ufo
What do you think about this playlist? Did you discover any new songs? Were any of these familiar to you? Do you have any good ones for me?
“I learned not to trust people; I learned not to believe what they say but to watch what they do. I learned to suspect that anyone is capable of living a lie. I came to believe that other people- even when you think you know them well- are ultimately unknowable”
*Photo Credits: Richard Jean-Louis
I decided to compile a list of all of the things that I have been loving throughout the past few weeks…
- White Converse shoes: I am so happy to finally own a pair because they go with everything and are super cute!
- Elephant hoop earrings: I can’t remember going a day without these.
- Journal: I have written quite a few entries lately.
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick: I am obsessed with this! I use the “Truffle” shade with eye-shadow, eyeliner, and mascara. The ending result looks so professional, and it really gives off a magnifying glow that lasts for the entire day. I love it so much!
- Yellow Shirts: I have had a thing for yellow shirts, and I don’t really know why.
- This music video: (half alive by still feel.) I meant to share this awhile ago, but I never got around to do so. You should definitely check this out if you haven’t already.
What have you been loving? Do you like any of these things? What did you think about the music video/song? Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this post!
Hey, guys! Today, I thought it would be fun to share a few songs that I have been loving so far this month. I know that I posted a 4th of July playlist pretty recently, but I wanted to share some day-to-day tunes as well. Several of you have told me that you really enjoy these types of posts, so I am going to try to release a new playlist every month. Let’s see how long I can keep up with that commitment… I will definitely try my best, but I am making no promises because my life can get pretty chaotic during the year (as many of you already know.) Anyways, I hope that you enjoy listening and discover something new!
- I Would by Coin
- Keep You Close by Frenship
- January by Verzache
- Free & Lonely by X Ambassadors
- Beautiful People by Ed Sheeran (feat. Khalid)
- Careless by Vacation Manor
- Fallin Down by Goo Goo Dolls
- What Is Love by Chase Goehring
Which song is your favorite? What have you been listening to this month? Feel free to drop your own playlist in the comments section.
The sky was set ablaze, and every color imaginable flashed across the sky. Wondrous eyes peered up to the heavens while embers descended gracefully with a soft, flickering glow. It was one of the biggest parties that my family has ever hosted, and it made my heart so happy to see everyone gathered together on such a special day. My family gets pretty wild on this annual celebration, but this one was even bigger than the last… Each year, our wonderful community of neighbors pitch in to compile a massive firework collection that leaves the whole crowd in awe, and the show is always breathtaking. Bounce-houses, incredible food, sparklers, and smiles filled our yard as all the families came together for one huge party.
It was an extra special year for me because my grandparents were able to come celebrate too! I am so grateful that I was able to be home with my family again this summer because there is nowhere that I would have rather been on my second favorite day of the year. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for such an amazing night. I had an absolute blast, and I love you both so much!
What did you do to celebrate? Do you enjoy fireworks too? What is your biggest party of the year? I hope that you all had a safe, fun, and Happy 4th of July!