It is almost day 3 of the new year, and I am already feeling overwhelmed as I anticipate the chaos that is about to begin. That’s why, I decided to make a fun post to distract myself from the reality of holiday break coming to a close… I decided to do a mashup of two of my favorite types of posts during this time of year: resolution and playlist.
Resolutions & Goals For 2019
- Eat healthier: Let me clarify that I am a healthy eater, but I could definitely make an effort to do better (like cutting down on the holiday sweets for a start!)
- Improve and strengthen relationships with friends and family
- Don’t procrastinate: I feel like this one is on my list every year, but I will work on it…
- Begin writing a novel
- Watch the last two Harry Potter movies to complete the series
- Post frequently throughout the year
- Accomplish everything on these lists
Discover New Songs For The New Year!
I have been absolutely loving all of these songs lately, so I put this small playlist together just for you guys. I love finding new songs, so feel free to drop a few suggestions in the comments. Do you like any of the songs that I shared? Enjoy!
Bad Liar by Imagine Dragons
Human by Rag’n’Bone Man
Cup Of Tea by Kacey Musgraves
Beautiful Goodbye by Maroon 5
Use Somebody by Kings of Leon
At My Best by Machine Gun Kelly (feat. Hailee Steinfeld)
You’re Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins
Beggin For Thread by Banks
My sister and I got a rubber buck target from our parents this Christmas, and we have had so much fun strengthening our archery skills (and arm muscles) these past couple of days. I really love our new target because it is so much more exciting than the paper targets that we had used in the past. However, this is the closest I will ever get to a buck with my bow because I think killing a real animal would be too emotionally hard for me. Fishing doesn’t bother me, but I have absolutely no doubt that hunting big game would. Maybe this will change in the future, but I will only use targets for now.
Have you been hunting before? Do you enjoy archery? I hope that you all had an amazing Christmas!
“And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David, a Saviour, which is Christ the LORD.”
Happy Holidays to all of my dear readers!
SURPRISE! After a few attempts, my friends and I finally (somewhat) built a human Christmas tree in the second picture. The peak of the tree is clearly missing, but I am honestly just happy that none of us got hurt.
Hopefully you are able to spend the day with loved ones and reunite with distant friends and family, but no matter how you choose to celebrate, I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
“A snowflake is one of God’s most fragile creations, but look what they can do when they stick together!”
I have a love/hate relationship with the winter season, but I always end up looking forward to it every year… The snow transforms our ordinary town into an enchanted world where young eyes sparkle with excitement. It brings families together for an adventurous day of snowman building and hot coco drinking by the fireplace. This season is so memorable and amazing. Wishing you all a beautiful first day of winter 2018-19!
*Photo credits: Mandy E. (Nutcracker 2018 “snow”)
Christmas is coming up so quickly, and I can hardly believe that it is only nine days away! In honor of this countdown, I thought it would be fun to share nine things that I love about this time of the year…
- The lights– Christmas lights make me so happy! My family often dedicates a night to view lights around town a few days before Christmas.
- Egg nog (non alcoholic)– I have an obsession with this seasonal beverage.
- Shopping– As stressful as it may be at times, I really enjoy Christmas shopping and finding special gifts to give my friends/family.
- Music– I may sound crazy, but I usually start listening to Christmas music November 1st because I love it so much!
- Cookies– I always look forward to eating that sweet batch of Christmas cookies.
- Family– I really love it when family and friends gather to celebrate.
- Christmas Dinner– Those of you who have been following my blog for awhile probably know that I absolutely love food, and Christmas dinner is the best!
- Wrapping gifts– It is so fun to wrap gifts and place them under the tree.
- Movies– There is no better way to get in the Christmas mood than to snuggle up in a nice, fuzzy blanket and watch holiday movies!
Do you like any of these things too? Did I miss anything?
Thanks for reading, and have a great week! 🙂
“And I’m fallin’… fallin’ for you hard. Let’s slow down; this is just the start. When you hold me, I can’t sing the blues. Like velvet on my fingertips, you sure are smooth”
Lyrics: Velvet by Sofia Caterina
Hey everyone! My friend just released her very own song a few months ago. Believe it or not, Velvet has already received over 30k streams on Spotify and topped 17k views on her YouTube audio track. It would be great if you guys could help promote this rising star by re-blogging this post, sharing it with your friends, and posting it on your personal sites. It would be very appreciated if the WordPress community could help get her more publicity… Be sure to give this song a listen!
A few days have passed since my pumpkin contest post, so I decided to reveal my pumpkin’s true identity… Unfortunately, there is not a winner because no one participated. Believe it or not, my previous post is the first “no comment” post that I have received in four entire months, so it was actually kind of amusing that it generated so many blank stares.
My pumpkin is supposed to be an artistic witch’s hat… Can you see it now? 🙂